Oelwein Middle School
Welcome to Oelwein Middle School
Dear Students and Families,
On behalf of the staff at Oelwein Middle School, we are excited to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year! We hope you have enjoyed your summer as we have worked diligently this break to prepare for the upcoming year. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure all children can achieve their highest potential. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education.
As leaders of our school, we are striving to increase communication and clarity amongst all stakeholders. We would like to invite you to a Middle School Technology Night and Open House on August 19 & 20, 2019 from 6:00-8:00 pm in the middle school auditorium.
- Tech Night/Open House 5th and 6th grades August 19th - 6:00-8:00 pm
- Tech Night/Open House 7th and 8th grades August 20th - 6:00-8:00 pm
Grade levels are split to specific nights to meet the individual grade level’s needs. This will be a mandatory technology meeting for students and parents, followed by a brief presentation on building expectations and grade level specific questions. Upon conclusion of the presentation families are encouraged to tour the middle school.
Our mission is "Whatever it takes to educate all students." This mission becomes reality through the teamwork of parents, community members, and staff working together to make a difference for our children. Every decision we make is based on what is best for our students. We are here to help our students meet our high academic expectations while preparing them to become career and college ready.
Ways to support and increase your child’s academic success include:
- Make attendance a PRIORITY including limiting tardiness and absences
- Check Parent Portal regularly to stay informed of student progress
- Communicate often with your child’s teacher if you have a concern or question
- Have your child read at least 20 minutes a day
- Limit television and social media
- Encourage your child to go out for extra-curricular activities
The staff and I are looking forward to an educationally rewarding school year with you and your children.
With Husky Pride,
Mrs. Mary Beth Steggall
Mary Beth Steggall