Our preschool program is project based, where children are actively engaged in their learning. We help children to become innovative confident thinkers.
Our curriculum focuses on fine motor, cognitive, gross motor and social-emotional development. Preschool offers activities that help children with social skills. We work on perfecting independence of self-help skills. Children also work on early literacy and math skills. We use Jolly Phonics and Handwriting Without Tears.
Classes are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Tuition is $115 per month
Content is learned through play and hands on experiences, in eight learning centers.
- Art Center
- Block Center
- Dramatic Play Center
- Math Center
- Music and Movement Center
- Science Center
- Reading Center
- Writing Center
Little Husky Childcare participates in the Statewide Voluntary Four-Year-Old Preschool Grant. This provides a minimum of 10 free hours of preschool to children who reside in Iowa and are four by September 15th.
Four-year-old preschool offers two sessions, morning and afternoon classes. Classes are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Morning | 8:15 am - 11:15 am
- Afternoon | 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Little Husky Childcare and Preschool Partners with the Following Agencies.
- Oelwein Community Schools
- City of Oelwein
- Oelwein Area United Way
- State of Iowa
- Northeast Iowa Community Action, Corp and their managed Head Start and Early Childhood programs.
- Fayette County Empowerment
- Keystone AEA 1
- Child Care Resource & Referral of Northeast Iowa
- Fayette County Crisis Child Care Service