Press Release: Bus Fire


For immediate release:
This morning, Monday, November 14, we had a school bus malfunction during its
regular morning bus route. The rear tire/hub malfunctioned and overheated
causing a small fire. The two students on the bus were evacuated and safely
removed to a nearby home. The fire was extinguished by the driver using the
onboard fire extinguisher. Emergency personnel including the Hazleton Fire
Department and Buchanan County Sheriff's Office assisted at the scene. Our other
bus routes scrambled to pick up all of the students on the bus route, getting
everyone to school safely.
A big thank you to all of the first responders that assisted at the scene and to our
drivers and Central office staff for helping get all of the students to school safely.