Click on the department title below for more information.
307 8th Avenue SE
Oelwein, Iowa 50662
- Superintendent: Josh Ehn
- Business Manager: Michael Rueber
- Board Secretary: Michael Rueber
- District Office Manager: Karen Seeders
- Accounts Payable: Glenda Rosenstiel
- Director, Facility and Grounds: Kevin Minton
- Food Service Director: Hallie Roth
- Director of Technology: Chris Braun
- Transportation Director: Mike Hillman
Transportation Assistant Director: Mary Anne Reints
To support education and improve the health and well-being of every student by providing a variety of highly nutritious meals that help promote healthy eating habits with an atmosphere of cleanliness, cheerfulness, and personal caring.
If you have questions about the OCSD Food Service Department please contact Food Service Director Hallie Roth.
Food Services Director
Head of Maintenance
Improved health optimizes student performance. The Oelwein Community School District (OCSD) supports a healthy environment where students learn and participate in good nutrition and regular physical activity as a part of the total learning environment.
The school district provides a comprehensive learning environment for developing and practicing lifelong wellness behaviors. The entire school environment, not just the classroom, shall be aligned with school district wellness goals to positively influence a student’s understanding, beliefs and habits as they relate to good nutrition and regular physical activity.
For more information from Nurse Peterson, please visit the Nurse News page.
Useful Health Information Links
- Wellness Policy
- Vaccination Information
- Lice Fact Sheet
- Head Lice Treatment
- Scabies Fact Sheet
- Bed Bugs Fact Sheet
- Peanut Allergy Facts
- Peanut Allergy Management
Your school nurse, county health nurse and doctor are excellent sources for information and guidance.
The Information Technology Department oversees a variety of servers, systems, networking equipment and infrastructure, peripherals, hosted software solutions, information systems and more than 2000 computers, tablets and other devices in five schools, the administration building, and various buildings throughout the District.
The mission of the OCS Information Technology Division is to provide the OCS teachers, staff, and students with needed IT services and tools to further support instruction and the student education experience throughout their K-12 academic career and beyond.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide technology tools and solutions with an innovative and instructional focus to improve the broader mission of our schools.
- To provide teachers with desktop support and secure and reliable technology solutions for student and instructional use.
- To provide students with the needed communications platforms and technology and support the distribution of knowledge in the classroom and in an online environment to better prepare them for a global and dynamic workforce.
- To provide teachers, staff and administrators with reliable communication channels to better interact with students, parents and the community.
1:1 Laptop Information
The 1 to 1 initiative provides a tablet or computer to every student and staff member in the district. Studies have shown that similar initiatives increase attendance and graduation rates as well as boost students' 21st century skills.
- 1:1 Program Goals
- Transform instruction to increase student achievement and engagement through optimal utilization of technology.
- Increase students' communication and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Use technology to empower self-directed life-long learners.
- Teach ethical responsibility through digital media and electronic communication.
- Promote a student centered learning environment where students create, research, and problem solve real world issues.
For more information on the program, or information about our tech program please visit the Husky Nation Tech website.
Director of Technology
The transportation department has deleted a bus route and some in-town stops. We will have 4 country routes and 1 Oelwein in-town shuttle bus. The bus routes will now go by colors.
- Purple route: in town shuttle
- Green route: north and east country
- Red route: south and east and Hazleton town
- Orange route: south and Hazleton town
- Blue route: north and west Oelwein
Seating will be limited to those who have registered for the current school year to ride the bus.
Below are links to the bus routes for the 2019-2020 school year. If you have questions regarding transportation for the OCSD, please contact
2019-2020 Bus Routes
To request transportation for your child, please complete the request form here: http://pdf.ac/9eXvgY
Director of Transportation
319-283-3536 ext. 6
Asst. Director of Transportation
Mary Anne Reints